Saturday, July 16, 2011

Listening to the Radio in Marereni, Kenya

On early Sunday mornings, I usually listen to this radio station that plays "oldies" on Sunday morning.  I'm not sure who picks these songs, but it is always an anticipation to hear the playlist.  [Yes - there isn't much for me to do here, so this is one of the exciting things to do in Marereni!]  To give you a taste...this is a partial list of the songs from last Sunday: 
  • What's New Pussycat? -- Tom Jones
  • Two out of three ain't bad -- Meatloaf (I don't think that is the actual title)
  • (So) Happy Together - The Turtles
  • You are the sunshine of my life - Stevie Wonder (that's a classic!)
  • Say, Say, Say - Paul McCartney and Michael Jackson (remember that video??)
  • We Are the World! -- (Of course, that must be played!  But, still always makes me think of the Saturday Night Live parody....so good!)
On Sunday nights from 9 - 11 as I am going to sleep, the same station plays classical music (sometimes interspersed with musicals...e.g. West Side Story). Sunday is a good radio listening day!  Only drawback is that it requires a lot of battery use.  Awwwwww....