Saturday, July 30, 2011

More random stuff -- part 2?

As usual, I don't have much to say.  But, I will be taking a couple of trips in August, so maybe there will be more to tell then.  So, my only post today is a very short comment from one of my students (I think my sisters will especially like this!) and another list of songs heard this past weekend on Capitol FM.

Comment by Edison Tsuma
I was chatting with my Form 4 class ("seniors") and as usual they are very funny.  When I entered the room in which they were, one of the students said "Here's a seat for you madame" and I replied "That's okay, I don't need to sit".  Then, this ensuing conversation with Edison (who is one of the brightest and also funniest in the class):
Edison:  You need to sit because you are old. [Not sure exactly what he meant]
Rebecca:  No, I'm still VERY young! [emphasis on very]
Edison:  Madame, I think you are incorrectly using the word very!
Rebecca:  < .....laughing out loud !!! >

It's just like being at home with my nephews....never ending opportunities to make me laugh!

Short List of Songs
The only reason I keep making these lists is because it still makes me wonder how these particular songs get chosen for this "radio session" on Sunday mornings:
  • Dream, Dream, Dream -- Everly Brothers
  • You Are Everything (and everything is you) - Stylistics
  • Don't Stop Til You Get Enough - Michael Jackson
  • Cupid - Spinners [I used to sing along with this one walking down rural Dinwiddie road with old battery powered small radio.....yes, before even walkmans!!]
  • California Dreaming - Mommas and Poppas [I think]
  • Bend Me, Shake Me, Anyway You Want Me -- not sure who sings this; sounds kind of like Monkees but it's not
  • Goldfinger -  yes, the theme to James Bond
  • Live and Let Die - The Beatles!