Comment by Edison Tsuma
I was chatting with my Form 4 class ("seniors") and as usual they are very funny. When I entered the room in which they were, one of the students said "Here's a seat for you madame" and I replied "That's okay, I don't need to sit". Then, this ensuing conversation with Edison (who is one of the brightest and also funniest in the class):
Edison: You need to sit because you are old. [Not sure exactly what he meant]
Rebecca: No, I'm still VERY young! [emphasis on very]
Edison: Madame, I think you are incorrectly using the word very!
Rebecca: < .....laughing out loud !!! >
It's just like being at home with my nephews....never ending opportunities to make me laugh!
Short List of Songs
The only reason I keep making these lists is because it still makes me wonder how these particular songs get chosen for this "radio session" on Sunday mornings:
- Dream, Dream, Dream -- Everly Brothers
- You Are Everything (and everything is you) - Stylistics
- Don't Stop Til You Get Enough - Michael Jackson
- Cupid - Spinners [I used to sing along with this one walking down rural Dinwiddie road with old battery powered small radio.....yes, before even walkmans!!]
- California Dreaming - Mommas and Poppas [I think]
- Bend Me, Shake Me, Anyway You Want Me -- not sure who sings this; sounds kind of like Monkees but it's not
- Goldfinger - yes, the theme to James Bond
- Live and Let Die - The Beatles!